Friday, March 28, 2008

Repetition Milkshake

I was thinking of doing a giant milkshake made from straws. Just the glass the milkshake is in will be made from straws. I'll make the whipped cream out of paper mache and possibly the cherry as well. I'll try making a giant straw out of straws, too. I'm just trying to figure out how to connect the straws together. I can simply place the straws inside each other and weave them like a basket, but I think I want a more permanent solution. Maybe threading them together.

Here is an image I might work off of.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Ive been thinking about how you might put this together, and I think it may be best to build a structure out of something else, and then VERY CAREFULLY and CLEANLY glue the straws to the outside. Just one option...

Lynette said...

p.S. Do you remember Barbies Ice cream soda shop?? I had that when I was kid and this image totally reminds me of making Barbie Root Beer floats!
Also, I am curious to see how this is autobiographical, I cant wait to hear you talk about it!

Anonymous said...

What could I use for the inside structure? How big did you think I should make this?

And just so I could use the white straws for the glass, do you think maybe instead of the milkshake, I should make an ice cream sundae in the same glass so I can have colorful scoops of ice cream?

Lynette said...

you could use cardboard or paper mache. We have chicken wire in the classroom that you could use. You can definetly do the sundae!

Amanda said...

oooo that sounds delicious! i deffinatly think you should make this massive! it would be awsomeness, im curious as to the meaning =^_^=