Monday, March 31, 2008

Another idea I had...


This idea just occured to me... it might be totally lame, I can't tell (that's where you guys come in). I was thinking about things I've made from multiples and thought of the popcorn strands my family used to make for Christmas. Which led me to thinking of other homey things, which led me to the idea of couches (couches aren't just a THING to me, they're an IDEA... yes, I really love couches). Point is, what if I made a couch out of popcorn? And I'm talking a big couch. Like, really big. Almost life size? Let me know what you think. (The inside would not be popcorn, but don't tell anyone. Maybe styrofoam. Or an actual couch. Not really, but something big, like cardboard boxes.)

6 comments:

Lynette said...

I like this idea better than the hot glue. You can call me a hot glue snob, thats fine, but I think this sounds much more ambitious and I LIKE it!

Lynette said...

ps...I added a pic for you, I thought it was funny:)

Alex said...

Lynette gets an A from me for that picture. amazing.

Also like the idea. It's kind of a physical double take, because when you see a couch your first urge is to sit on it, but then its fragile and messy popcorn which is definitely unsittable. great concept

melississippi said...

i do like the idea of popcorn on something you're supposed to sit on! maybe you could buy a lazyboy chair or loveseat to make it smaller than a couch :)

Sarah said...

it would be awesome to use an actual piece of furniture, and it would be pretty easy to get one free off craigslist... but alas, i have no truck to move it.

Lynette said...

Find a couch, I have a truck. We will work it out! Just make sure its not crazy far away...