Monday, March 31, 2008

Gluuuuuuuue

Inspiration struck me in the adhesive section of the dollar store yesterday. I found these hot glue sticks to the left and figured they'd make good building blocks for SOMETHING... I thought it would be really cool to make a massive hollow structure kind of like the Aggro Crag on that old show Global Guts (the original crag, not the lame reincarnations). Basically I'd just keep adding sticks to form a great big conglomeration of triangles, squares, etc. The second idea I had was to create a replica of the house I grew up in.

At first I thought the obvious means of connecting these sticks was hot glue itself, but since hot glue seems to have a bad reputation in this class, maybe super glue would work better?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hey, I like the global guts idea!!! I still love that show and I think that a more jagged piece will be a bit more intriguing to look at.... also I feel like maybe do a trial with both super glue and hot glue to figure out what is best choice...